Blackberry Games

Blackberry 72xx/75 Games   71xx Games   81xx Games   87xx Games   88xx Games   83xx Games   9xxx Games
Subject: Children's book explains boob jobs
health
Conqueror

Registered 14-6-2008
Credits 243
Posts 131
Reading Access 30
Status Offline
Post at 14-6-2008 10:06 PM Profile P.M.

Children's book explains boob jobs

[attach]4286[/attach]
A plastic surgeon has written a controversial children's book explaining nose jobs, tummy tucks and breast implants.

Dr Michael Salzhauer, from Miami, wrote My Beautiful Mommy book, which comes complete with cartoon-style illustrations.

He says it's to help four to seven-year-olds prepare for their parents' plastic surgery so they aren't shocked by the results.

But the book, which tells the story of a little girl whose mother gets a tummy tuck, breast implants and nose job, has been criticised in the US.

It follows the mom through first consultation until after her surgery as she explains to her children what is going to happen.

At one point she explains to her daughter, "You see, as I got older, my body stretched and I couldn't fit into my clothes anymore. Dr. Michael is going to help fix that and make me feel better."

When it comes to her nose job, the mom warns that she will look different after the bandages come off.

The girl asks: "Why are you going to look different?" Mom responds: "Not just different, my dear - prettier!"

Dr Salzhauer, a father-of-five, says the book is not meant to be a regular children's bedtime story but plays a specific purpose.

However, it has prompted criticism and debate over whether it will normalise plastic surgery and encourage more people to have it.

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments Or attachments have hidden Unless Replying this Thread can demonstrate.
abhikesbhat

Medal No.1 Medal No.8
Registered 30-5-2008
Credits 937
Posts 518
Reading Access 1
Status Offline
Post at 2-7-2008 11:33 AM Profile P.M.
how retraeded