Blackberry Games

Blackberry 72xx/75 Games   71xx Games   81xx Games   87xx Games   88xx Games   83xx Games   9xxx Games
Subject: When to Eat, When to Exercise
health
Conqueror

Registered 14-6-2008
Credits 243
Posts 131
Reading Access 30
Status Offline
Post at 29-6-2008 05:55 AM Profile P.M.

When to Eat, When to Exercise

How long should you wait to work out after eating? This is a common question, but does not require a complex answer. Eat what and when works best for you. Don’t fool around trying to time your calories to lose an extra ounce or two. Your goals should be to have enough energy to fuel a good workout, and to not get sick to your stomach or have other gastrointestinal distress.

We do have individual differences here. I remember hearing a talk by a sports nutritionist who said some of her athletes could eat a ham sandwich on the starting line while others couldn’t look at food the day of an event without getting sick. Many times, as a personal trainer, I had clients who would start to fade before the end of a morning workout because they hadn’t had breakfast.

You can do a half-hour run first thing in the morning, but for a longer workout, it’s usually better to at least have a snack before going out. For endurance workouts or events, you may need to eat during the event. (We’ll look at hydration another time.) For now, let’s just look at time after eating. Of course, running or other impact sports are harder on your gut than, say, cycling, so you may be able to get back on your bike before you could be comfortably pounding the pavement. The following are guidelines for athletes adapted from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute. They work for most non-competitive exercisers too.

# After a large meal, wait 3 or 4 hours before starting activity.
# Wait for 1 or 2 hours after a small meal, like cereal or a sandwich.
# Wait for 1 or 2 hours before activity after shakes or smoothies.
# Most people can start their workout less than one hour after eating a granola or cereal bar.

Don’t try new foods or eating patterns the day of an athletic event, or an all-day hike. Experiment to see what works for you. And, yes, any snacks count into your calories for the day.

abhikesbhat

Medal No.1 Medal No.8
Registered 30-5-2008
Credits 937
Posts 518
Reading Access 1
Status Offline
Post at 29-6-2008 07:33 AM Profile P.M.
nice info thanx

troopa

Registered 23-7-2008
Credits 7
Posts 15
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 23-7-2008 10:02 PM Profile P.M.
So what are your thoughts on people that chug down a massive protein shake just before a work-out... a shake is pretty much a meal in itself so I don't understand your thoughts??

But I'm guessing this is just copied and pasted from somewhere so you're not really going to respond.