Blackberry Games

Blackberry 72xx/75 Games   71xx Games   81xx Games   87xx Games   88xx Games   83xx Games   9xxx Games
Subject: How to convert mp3 ringtones
bb818
Super Moderator

Registered 19-10-2007
Credits 4871
Posts 871
Reading Access 150
Status Offline
Post at 19-10-2007 03:43 AM Profile Blog P.M.

How to convert mp3 ringtones

What you will need: (my personal favorites)
Limewire (to download songs)
dbpoweramp converter (to convert songs)
windows sound recorder (to cut songs)
coolservice website (from pc to upload ringer to web)
wap.coolservice.dk (from phone to download ringer to phone)

First you start with the song you want to make a ringer.
Open dbpoweramp and at the top you will see converting 1 file to and choose wave in the drop-down box. Choose 8bit, 8,000hz and 1 'mono'. Choose convert.

This will allow you to open the song through windows recorder. Usually start menu, programs, accessories, entertainment and sound recorder. Once open you choose file then open. You then search for the song you just converted.

Once open you play the song until you reach a spot that you want to have as a ringer. When you get close you can fine tune by pausing and using the little slider to get to the exact spot you want the ringer to start. Then you will choose edit and delete before current position. After that you will go to where you want the ringer to end. Usually less that 30 seconds. Then you can fine tune again with the slider and choose edit and delete after current position.

Once you have done that you can adjust the volume if you want, this is under effects. You can play with this for your own personal taste.

After this you need to go to file then save as, and rename the file.

Once done you need to open dbpoweramp converter again and find the converted wav file and open it. You then choose converting 1 file to mp3 (lame). The channel needs to be set to stereo, the frequency can be set up to 48,000hz. The bitrate can be set to anwhere below 192kbps, anything over that has been distorted for me. Then choose convert.

Go to the coolservice website and upload the file to the web using their free uploader. Then it will give you an id # which you will use when you visit the wap version of coolservice from your BB, and plug the id in where it asks you. Your ringtone will play on your BB and you can then click the trackwheel to save it to your phone. If the ringtone does not appear in your list please adjust the frequency or the bitrate.

I am available by pin, Yahoo Messenger or BB Messenger if need-be. Good luck and happy ringer making!

MonkeyBBAdict

Registered 9-1-2008
Credits 5
Posts 6
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 22-1-2008 01:57 PM Profile P.M.
Somewhat Simpler Method

I found it easier to use Audacity.  With the lame plug in, Audacity can do it all, record, edit, convert, etc.

Also if you use your Data Connect cable, or your bluetooth adapter you don't have to upload it to the net, and then download it back to the phone.

abhikesbhat

Medal No.1 Medal No.8
Registered 30-5-2008
Credits 937
Posts 518
Reading Access 1
Status Offline
Post at 26-6-2008 09:55 AM Profile P.M.
bb818 is the blackberry guru haaha
jorge_58

Registered 22-8-2008
Credits 1