Blackberry Games

Blackberry 72xx/75 Games   71xx Games   81xx Games   87xx Games   88xx Games   83xx Games   9xxx Games
Subject: I THINK THIS WEBSITE IS......
frogz

Medal No.1 Medal No.5
Registered 18-10-2008
Credits 3098
Posts 2181
Reading Access 100
Status Offline
Post at 26-4-2009 09:31 AM Profile Blog P.M.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Sciz at 15-4-2009 07:41 AM
i don't get it either...

i hate technologiessssss

You click on promote when you are logged in and you will see a link. You. An use this link in your email your website etc. If for example you use the promote link in an email you send and someone that receives that email clicks on the link they will be taken to this site. Now if they sign up you will get more beans for them signing up. The link just includes a number associated with your member so the system knows who to add beams to if someone signs up while using your promote link.
Megan23247

Registered 24-6-2008
Credits 66
Posts 68
Reading Access 20
Status Offline
Post at 29-6-2009 10:06 PM Profile P.M.
I love this website and I think its really cool what the folks here are doing.  I to think you should get more than 2 beans for sharing content, or maybe more beans if you take the time to hide it, just an idea.  Thankyou for everything.  :D
iquannmath

Registered 2-8-2009
Credits 31
Posts 98
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 15-9-2009 04:07 PM Profile P.M.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by autoprime at 4-3-2009 01:19 PM
i think people that upload new games should be rewarded with more than 2 beans. i'd have to share 250 games just to become VIP?

i have about 30 games which are not yet on this forum.. but that would  ...

I agree with this wholeheartedly... I look at people that post free themes and themes that have previously been uploaded and I think, man... I'm uploading a brand new paid theme (13 so far) and getting the same amount of beans as they do... not that I'm against the posting of free themes... I just feel that paid themes should hold more weight. Which this would probably make the mods work a little more than usual to check the threads, but I think it should be something to consider. Also VIP status on this site to me seems to be something that it unattainable... Not that it will make me stray away from the site but it is something I think should be re-evaluated.
immortals

Registered 17-6-2009
Credits 102
Posts 72
Reading Access 20
Status Offline
Post at 20-9-2009 06:33 PM Profile P.M.
If you read  a bit ... you can find all your answers

"I think this website is ..." the shit :)
alb123

Registered 23-4-2009
Credits 427
Posts 233
Reading Access 100
Status Offline
Post at 22-9-2009 05:29 PM Profile Blog P.M.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by iquannmath at 9/15/09 07:07 PM

I agree with this wholeheartedly... I look at people that post free themes and themes that have previously been uploaded and I think, man... I'm uploading a brand new paid theme (13 so far) and gett ...

I agree with your statements, to a degree.  What I have a HUGE problem with in the themes section (of which I am a moderator), is hardly anyone includes screenshots with their uploads.  I find this distasteful and LAZY!  Who the hell wants to download a theme without being able to see it first?  I am going to be discussing this with the site ops soon - I don't think people should be rewarded with beans when they're too lazy to provide screenshots.  Some people claim they "cant"..  Well, that is crap because in the software section is a FREE application that lets you take snapshots of your BlackBerry screen.
iquannmath

Registered 2-8-2009
Credits 31
Posts 98
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 25-9-2009 06:02 PM Profile P.M.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by alb123 at 22-9-2009 05:29 PM

I agree with your statements, to a degree.  What I have a HUGE problem with in the themes section (of which I am a moderator), is hardly anyone includes screenshots with their uploads.  I find this  ...

Thanks for taking time to check out this thread.... I've made sure each one of my threads has at least one pic attached... if I missed one... I'll fix it... oh yeah if you guys need a new mod... lemme know... I'm on this site almost everyday checking for new uploads...
enrique

Registered 14-3-2009
Credits 9
Posts 8
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 5-10-2009 01:07 AM Profile P.M.
This is the first thread I've felt a desire to reply to with more than a thank you.
I have to agree 100% about the themes, i have never downloaded a theme for the exact reason that there are no screenshots, even 1 would give you a general idea, how hard is it with JL_cmdr?
The smileys could be toned down, they are just too large and animated for my taste.
+1 on the idea that people should be able to rate an upload and that should effect beans more than just uploading anything.
alb123

Registered 23-4-2009
Credits 427
Posts 233
Reading Access 100
Status Offline
Post at 5-10-2009 01:15 PM Profile Blog P.M.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by enrique at 10/5/09 04:07 AM
This is the first thread I've felt a desire to reply to with more than a thank you.
I have to agree 100% about the themes, i have never downloaded a theme for the exact reason that there are no screen ...

As a  moderator in the theme forum, I agree with you 100%!!!  I have posted a message called "Theme Uploading Guidelines" and I stated that uploaders should include a screenshot or several for each theme that they upload.  I have responded to individual uploaders in Private Messages asking them to add a screenshot to their upload post.  People have told me to "F*ck off!" and that I can't "make them" upload a screenshot...and unfortunately, this is true.  I do not have that power.  I do not ask people to upload a screenshot because I want to create more work for them...Its quick and easy.  Who in their right mind is going to download a theme if they don't know what it looks like?

Personally, I would like to see the site operators make this a rule.  You should be obligated to provide at least one screenshot of the main home screen of the theme.  If you don't, you should only receive ONE bean instead of two.  And for repeated abusers, I would stop providing beans completely for themes that don't have the screen capture(s).  For all I know, people may be uploading duplicate themes and there is no way to tell unless someone downloaded every single theme and tested them.  Of course, that is impossible to do for several reasons...

What really bothers me about this.  Wherever they originally downloaded the theme almost certainly has screenshots.  How hard is it to right-click and Save As... the screenshot(s)?  The people who do not provide screenshots are just being lazy and, in my opinion, greedy.  

I wish I could help you, enrique.  Unfortunately, I do not have the power to enforce such a policy.  If enough people bring this to the attention of the site operators, perhaps a change will be made.  I'm sure 95% or more of the users would agree that it would make this awesome website even better!!!
gonvart

Registered 8-10-2009
Credits 6
Posts 7
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 8-10-2009 06:22 PM Profile P.M.
Some themes are real nice as i hear from people.
This was how i was suggested to this site.
glen5084

Registered 19-10-2009
Credits 24
Posts 54
Reading Access 10
Status Offline
Post at 12-11-2009 05:09 AM Profile P.M.
i think it set up for us to go get more people for the site but when i'm logged in and click on link above it says" you are not logged in" "and can not enter this page or whatever"

I have been on this site for hours at a time on somedays and it won't bring my
"logged in on site" numbers down or up . Think it just locks at a number and lets you think your gonna get somewhere but doesn't . and the bean thing  heck if you want people to seed your stuff and share make this site work with torrent files.   beans just seems like a way to get more traffic to the site .Which i see no way to do ?  which is also some kind of screwball thing   think this needs more planing on staffs part . Sure the games are good but what good are they if you can't share or make this place better?