Board logo

Subject: Restore an old back up onto a new Blackberry? [Print This Page]

Author: bozzaline    Time: 11-1-2010 08:21 PM     Subject: Restore an old back up onto a new Blackberry?

My BB Curve 8900's controls (keyboard, scroll ball, keypad lock buttons, etc) are all dead due to moisture damage.  I'm going to try to get another BB Curve 8900 with an insurance claim meaning I have to give the old one back.  Is it possible for me to restore a backup for my current BB onto the new BB using the Desktop Manager?  Just wondering if the backup files are locked to BB model/serial numbers and you can only use backups on that particular device.  I'm pretty sure the "device switch" button on the Desktop Manager would do the trick, but that's not possible if I have to turn the old phone in.
Author: Vedo    Time: 15-1-2010 07:12 AM

You should be able to restore the backup on a new phone as long as the system and phone are the same as the old one..
Author: ironn_man    Time: 3-2-2010 12:04 PM

Or if you made a backup file you can load it up through the desktop manager. I don't think any provider backs up or flashes bbs.
Author: bozzaline    Time: 31-3-2010 02:30 PM

Thanks guys.  I was able to load the backups onto the new phone.  Only had to go re-download/install applications afterwards.
Author: DJJonny    Time: 1-4-2010 01:46 AM

QUOTE:
Originally posted by bozzaline at 31-3-2010 02:30 PM
Thanks guys.  I was able to load the backups onto the new phone.  Only had to go re-download/install applications afterwards.

Also for future reference. Backups can restored from different OS versions.
I've restored an OS 5 (leaked) version's backup on OS 4.6 when I downgraded and visa versa
when I re_upgraded to official OS 5

Welcome to Blackberry Games (http://www.bbsgame.mobi/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0