Board logo

Subject: MMS messages [Print This Page]

Author: Jenfl007    Time: 24-1-2008 12:39 AM     Subject: MMS messages

I've been having a problem receiving MMS messages. People have tried sending me pictures but I'm not receiving them at all. I've also tried sending pictures but they're not being received. Anyone have any idea why?

I'm using a BlackBerry Pearl and I'm with T-Mobile...FYI.

Thanks for your help.
Author: xafhl    Time: 24-1-2008 02:25 AM

if you receive and sent mms You have to have the MMS service books first.You may contact t-mobile in order to obtain data plan for mms
Author: Thecaptron    Time: 14-2-2008 12:04 PM

You have to have a blackberry data plan and most likley a messaging plan. With most carriers you have to have internet access to send MMS.
Author: kofman13    Time: 26-2-2008 12:55 PM

with t-mobile and pearl running 4.3 beta os, i can use mms without data plan
Author: haipm1979    Time: 29-3-2008 04:16 PM

IN my bb 8320 don;t have a MMS option. How can't I active this option.
Author: halizm    Time: 23-6-2008 09:08 PM

go to host routing table in advacned options, hightlight an entry, select menu and register now.
Author: abhikesbhat    Time: 24-6-2008 05:26 AM

yea what he said
Author: abhikesbhat    Time: 25-6-2008 11:17 AM

Simplified Technology I like
Author: pimpindexter    Time: 15-3-2009 07:48 PM

You need the Service Book.
Try teh Servicebook below, It should have the MMS Service book in it

To load it is as follows
Installing Service Book (Thanks aerophage and people at Crack Berry)

1. Download the attached .zip file and unzip to the directory of your choice.

2. Attach your berry to your computer and start DM

3. In DM, go to Backup and Restore. Click Advanced.

4. Above the left pane, click File, then Open. In the dialog box that follows, find the file you unzipped called 8830MMS.ipd. Select this file.

5. On your berry, go to Options - Advanced - Service Book. Hold ALT and type S B E B. A window will pop up that says Legacy SB Restore Enabled. Hit OK.

6. Back in DM, under Computer Databases (the left pane), click on Service Book. This will enable the button in the middle of the two panes with the arrow pointing right. Click this button. When the window pops up asking you if you want to proceed, click Yes.

7. After the transfer is complete, disconnect your berry. On your berry, go to Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table, hit Menu, and select Register Now.

8. After you get the registration message, log into your BIS account at BlackBerry Internet Service and resend your service books to your phone. Don't worry, this will not overwrite the MMS service books now on your phone!

LINK: http://www.filedropper.com/tmoservicebooks
Let me know if the link goes down so i can repost, I hope this helps, I am not sure if i can post links or not, so let me know, and i can remove Thanks.
Author: adikoni    Time: 19-3-2009 11:19 AM

or just use BB messenger easier
Author: thanhstone    Time: 25-7-2011 08:31 PM

Thank for yout TUT.
That right.
But i do not use the BES and BIS??/
How can i set up and usr MMS?

Welcome to Blackberry Games (http://www.bbsgame.mobi/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0